Sunday 26 January 2014

No Game New Year- Week 4

Hello again everyone!
Week number four is in the bag and it's been productive!  I'm only going to post about two games as those are the ones I've really made progress on.  I did have some temptation in the form of Valdis Story.  Valdis Story is an action Metroidvania that seems like it would be really great (was recommended to me by Nyskrte), I watched the promo video and it looks good!  I think this is one I'll pick up next year once I can buy games again.  Other than that I've been doing all right, I find myself switching games a lot, and having trouble sticking them out to finish them though, which is something I've always fought with.  The advantage I have this year though is normally when I got sick of a game I would head to steam and buy a new one, not now!  I think this has already saved me about $25, and we're only on week 4!  I also should mention I was gifted Starbound on Steam by ReginaldXIV, thanks a ton! I think I'll get into that once UnEpic is done, hopefully the character wipe is finished by then.  On to the updates!

Pokemon X
It was a really exciting week for me in Pokemon X, mostly because I now have TWO battle ready pokemon.  One which was given to me already bred to 5 IVs, a jellicent, and one which I bred myself, a marowak.  Both are already EV trained and have the items they need, they're ready to roll!  I'm especially proud of myself for the Marowak (whose name is Yumyum), because I was really struggling with breeding, I didn't quite get it, then I heard about the destiny knot, started using it and BAM, breeding gets easier.  I think I'll have a much easier time of breeding now, especially once I can get the natures and abilities I want on the pokemon (which seems to be more random at first).  Really looking forward to getting a whole team built and battle testing them.
                                           
                                           

UnEpic
I was also casting UnEpic this week.  Boy do I love this game!  It has all the aspects of a game that I'm looking for, humour, platforming, RPG elements, and a great soundtrack (and sounds!).  I also love playing as Kroom!!  It looks like I'm going to get a decent amount of playtime out of this game as well.  I'm only about 5 hours in, but I think the single player campaign is about 20 hours, and after that there is multiplayer (though it's still in beta).  If I have one complaint about the game, it's the targeting system. It often doesn't pick up on things I want to target (like dragon heads >.>), but this is a minor complaint as the system is only used for non straight magic and bow shots.  I highly recommend this game if you're not doing the challenge like I am.

Once again a huge thank you to SubstanceTV for thinking of this challenge and getting the facebook group going!  See you next week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment