Sunday 2 February 2014

No Game New Year- Week 5

Hello again everyone!
Welcome to week 5 of no game new year!  This week I had a temptation that I really had to resist.  I was watching Cobaltstreak play it, and man it looks good.  The game is called "Our Darker Purpose" and it's available on steam for $10.04.  I highly recommend it if you're not doing this challenge.  Our Darker Purpose plays a bit like Binding of Isaac but you're a girl in a school where all the teachers have disappeared.  The look of the game is quite dark and it really appealed to me.  Having said that, I added another ten bucks to the "games I didn't buy" pot, and I'm up to $40, not bad for one month.  I haven't been feeling very hot this week, so I didn't get any casting done, therefore no progress was made on UnEpic, however the big news is I finally finished Final Fantasy 13-2!  In the section below I'll talk more on my thoughts on the game.  Overall the challenge continues to go well, I'm really happy I decided to do it, so big thanks to SubstanceTV for thinking of it!

Final Fantasy 13-2
Well I finally finished this game!  Overall it was an okay game, but not a very good final fantasy.  There were a lot of points in the game where I was more annoyed than anything (if you've done the clock puzzles you know what I'm talking about).  I generally avoid walkthroughs like the plague on first playthroughs but there were some fragments I absolutely had to look online for (the game isn't 100% yet).  One thing I found odd was that for a lot of the fragments they don't give you any clue whatsoever as to where they are.  This means you just have to wander around the entire map staring at your screen hoping to see the distortion they make. This annoyed me.  I would rather they gave hints so I at least had an area where I was looking for them.  I said I would try to avoid spoilers on this blog so I won't go into details, but I really didn't like the ending, especially those three little words that appeared.  Shame on you Square.  On the positive side, Noel was a really great character, and I hope to see him again.  I have to admit however, I enjoyed the first 13 a lot more than this one.  The story just seemed unnecessarily convoluted, and although the game was very non linear, I could have used more main story.  Overall I'm really glad I grabbed this game while it was on sale (I think I only paid $15 for it), rather than paying the full $60, I would have been disappointed.

That's all for this week, thanks all for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment