Friday 8 July 2011

JTV a week in review: July 2-9

Oh hello again everyone! It's time for my week in review segment.  Since I didn't do a review last week, I'll make up for it here!

As always, it's my blog so news about me comes first of course!  I continued on my journey with Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, finishing off Twilight town and moving on to a deserted island.  After getting rid of Flavio (what a waste of space) and earning the trust of Cortez, I moved on to Poshville!  Before reaching the sixth star I had to solve a mystery on the train, and there was the return of Doopliss!  After defeating the Smorgs on the train, it was off to Fahr Outpost and.. TO THE MOON.  That's right, I'm in the final runup to the end boss, and will finish the game on Saturday, so tune in!

Mario has a rough landing out of being shot to the moon by a cannon!
TwitchTV Q&A
On Saturday, MANvsGAME had Jacob from TwitchTV on his cast to answer some questions from MANkind about TwitchTV.  Emmitt was to be there as well, but had to attend a meeting at the last minute.  All in all the night was enlightening, and Jacob did a good job quelling most fears about the switch to twitch (see wut I did thar?).  Jacob informed us about many things that were coming to twitch, such as new emoticons (thank god) and some sort of personal messaging system similar to Meebo (but better).  Personally I really wanted there to be more critical examination of the way TwitchTV is completely focused on E-sports, but I understand why MAN was reluctant to press any harder.  Horror (who appeared on the cast later) did help me feel better by fully admitting it was a conscience decision to only market E-sports (as opposed to other admins who say it was only because "it was easier").  That may seem like the same thing, but to me it was a very important distinction and I feel better for having heard Horror admit it.  After Jacob had answered all the questions he felt he could, he got off the skype call, and Horror then joined the cast.  Horror's segment was also very informative as we learned about why Horror's icon is a cat, and what exactly a "furry" is.  To watch the complete cast in it's entirety, go here.

We now know why Horror's avatar is a cat, mystery solved!

Meat Aid
 In other news, Meat_Jesus hit 1000 followers this week, with help from Dan.  Meat-Aid was originally planned to help Meat hit 1000 followers, but hitting this goal early wasn't going to stop EddieRuckus from doing Meat-Aid.  Eddie and Jhnnycrwsh hit the Rock Band 3 hard with some awesome playing.  Tons of people showed up to celebrate Meat's tasty triumph!  Congrats again to Meat Jesus on reaching 1000 followers, you deserve every one of them and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment