Sunday 26 June 2011

JTV a Week in Review!

Hello again everyone, it's time for my first JTV week in review! Here I will try to list all the important events/fun stuff that happened on my cast and JTV from the past week, just in case you missed some of it!

It was an exciting week for me! I participated in Psychotic Gaming's (PG) marathon in support of autism research, and made a ton of progress in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (TTYD). The marathon was the first time I have done a cast outside of my channel, and it was definitely a different experience. After a myriad of technical issues (including the chat being split), I finished my 6 hour shift to an audience of around 300 people. I started with Ratchet and Clank, but unfortunately the disc froze, so I moved onto Sonic 1 and 2, and then finished with Onimusha 3. I had a great time, and as of me writing this, PG had raised over $3,400 for Autism Speaks.
Lots of progress was also made in TTYD. I completed Glitzville, with the highlight of the night being RAWWWKing the HAWWK. Highlight Also, Oclac was kind enough to make a gif of my level up dance! Enjoy!

Level UP!

Psychotic Gaming's Marathon
PG's marathon to raise money for Autism Speaks was a huge success! They raised over $3400 and created many memorable moments. Teh_Ferret made a promise that if the viewers donated $2000 he would eat a habenero pepper on stream. Well, they hit that total during on of GQ's shifts, and hilarity ensued! Watch Here! Another milestone was hit when the viewer count reached 2000 people during one of GQ's shifts. Now GQ had made a longstanding promise that if he ever reached 2000 viewers in a single cast, he would have a swear cast; in other words, GQ would actually swear repeatedly, on cast! What follows is one of the most awkward moments in JTV history Watch here! 
Teh_Ferret reached 2k followers this week, grats Ferret!! He hasn't decided what he's doing to celebrate it, but I'm sure it will be a blast.
Also in GQ news, while he was playing VVVVVV, Souleye, the creator of the music for VVVVVV stopped in to watch.  Not only did he stop in, but he gave away 5 copies to the game while he was there.  It's really nice to see developers coming to the streams where their games are being played and interacting!  So far we've had Team Meat and now Souleye come to streams.

GQ is known for his faces, VVVVVV gave us some great ones!


Twitch TV and The MAN!
There were some major updates to TwitchTV this week as well. Viewer lists and chat options similar to JTV were added, along with new emoticons (which are hideous imo). There are still a lot of bugs to be worked out with TwitchTV, but hey, it's in Beta, I'll reserve my final judgement (and a blog post) for when it officially launches. And of course, the BIG news of the week, MANvsGAME will be returning to JTV on Monday,at his regular time. Personally I am really glad, he's my favourite caster, and I missed him dearly, plus.. I was really starting to get the shakes from withdrawal.

He's BAAAAAAAAAACCK!



Have news, important events or funny stuff that you think I should have in my week in review?  Email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment